Out in the Community
As part of its standard to forge and maintain long-term, positive and proactive relationships with members of the local community and greater water industry and to be transparent about its operations and programs, OCWD board members and staff speak regularly before groups and at events. We recently participated in the following:
- OCWD President Denis Bilodeau presented before a delegation of water experts from Denmark regarding the GWRS, current groundwater status and future challenges.
- Executive Director of Operations/GWRS Mehul Patel presented at the ACWA Region 10 conference titled “Removing Barriers to Innovation in Water.”
- Director of Recharge & Wetlands Operations John Bonsangue presented about OCWD groundwater management and the GWRS at the 34th Annual Tri-State Seminar and he spoke at Career Day in Fountain Valley.
- Public Affairs Director Eleanor Torres chaired the WateReuse CA Communications Collaborative Group.
- Director of Information Services/Property Management Bruce Dosier presented about OCWD to the city of Anaheim.
- Lab Director Lee Yoo was part of a career day panel for the Boy Scouts of America.
- Principal Engineer Tim Sovich was part of a panel discussion on groundwater management and geophysics for the city of Anaheim.
- Health and Regulatory Affairs staff made a presentation to the Santa Ana River Dischargers Association (SARDA) on the topic of PFOA & PFOS occurrence in both the river and upper watershed treated wastewater discharges to the river.
- District Planning and Watershed Management staff participated with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in a meeting with the United States Fish and Wildlife Service regarding the Prado Basin Feasibility Study.