Orange County Water District (OCWD) manages the large groundwater basin that provides reliable, high quality groundwater to 19 municipal and special water districts that serve more than 2.5 million customers in north and central Orange County. It is committed to constantly improving Orange County’s groundwater quality and reliability in an environmentally friendly way. Fulfilling this mission requires that OCWD regularly undertake infrastructure, improvement and maintenance projects.
The purpose of this page is to provide information about current OCWD projects, explain their need and benefits and inform the community about potential impacts during construction. Although OCWD understands that construction creates an inconvenience, it is committed to keeping the community informed of current projects, while working to minimize construction impacts as much as possible.
For any questions or concerns about these projects, please call the OCWD construction hotline at (714) 378-8244.
Thank you for your patience during construction while OCWD works to protect and manage the region’s groundwater supply.
GWRS Final Expansion
Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach
- GWRSFE overview
- Spring 2020 update
- January 2020 construction notice (sent by Orange County Sanitation District)
Mid Basin Injection Project
Fountain Valley and Santa Ana
- Mid-basin fact sheet - English (updated August 2018)
- Mid-basin fact sheet - Spanish (updated August 2018)
- Late March 2020 work areas
North Basin Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study
Anaheim and Fullerton
South Basin Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study
Irvine, Santa Ana and Tustin
Talbert Barrier Extraction Well Destruction Project
- M57 update letter #3 (March 26, 2020)
- M57 update letter #2 (March 10, 2020)
- P2 neighbor letter (February 27, 2020)
- P6 neighbor letter (February 27, 2020)
- P7 neighbor letter (February 19, 2020)
- P1 neighbor letter (February 10, 2020)
- P4 neighbor letter (February 6, 2020)
- M57 neighbor letter update (January 23, 2020)
- P3 neighbor letter (January 14, 2020)
- M57 neighbor letter (January 14, 2020)