Orange County Water District (OCWD) manages the large groundwater basin that provides reliable, high quality groundwater to 19 municipal and special water districts that serve more than 2.5 million customers in north and central Orange County. It is committed to constantly improving Orange County’s groundwater quality and reliability in an environmentally friendly way. Fulfilling this mission requires that OCWD regularly undertake infrastructure, improvement and maintenance projects.
The purpose of this page is to provide information about current OCWD projects, explain their need and benefits and inform the community about potential impacts during construction. Although OCWD understands that construction creates an inconvenience, it is committed to keeping the community informed of current projects, while working to minimize construction impacts as much as possible.
For any questions or concerns about these projects, please call the OCWD construction hotline at (714) 378-8244.
Thank you for your patience during construction while OCWD works to protect and manage the region’s groundwater supply.
Mid Basin Injection Project
Fountain Valley and Santa Ana
- Mid-basin fact sheet - English (updated August 2018)
- Mid-basin fact sheet - Spanish (updated August 2018
- Late February 2019 work areas
- Early February 2019 work areas
- Neighbor letter park entrance work (February 14, 2019)
North Basin Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study
Anaheim and Fullerton
- North Basin RI/FS overview
- North Basin RI/FS fact sheet
- Neighbor letter FM-34 (December 10, 2018)
- Neighbor letter FM-30 (October 15, 2018)
- Neighbor letter AM-56 (September 27, 2018)
- Neighbor letter AM-55 (September 13, 2018)
South Basin Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study
Irvine, Santa Ana and Tustin