Orange County Water District (OCWD) manages the large groundwater basin that provides reliable, high quality groundwater to 19 municipal and special water districts that serve more than 2.5 million customers in north and central Orange County. It is committed to constantly improving Orange County’s groundwater quality and reliability in an environmentally friendly way. Fulfilling this mission requires that OCWD regularly undertake infrastructure, improvement and maintenance projects.
The purpose of this page is to provide information about current OCWD projects, explain their need and benefits and inform the community about potential impacts during construction. Although OCWD understands that construction creates an inconvenience, it is committed to keeping the community informed of current projects, while working to minimize construction impacts as much as possible.
For any questions or concerns about these projects, please call the OCWD construction hotline at (714) 378-8244.
Thank you for your patience during construction while OCWD works to protect and manage the region’s groundwater supply.
Alamitos Barrier Improvement Project
- Leisure World Weekly article (June 8, 2017)
- Leisure World community meeting presentation (August 31, 2016)
- Alamitos Barrier updated fact sheet (June 2016)
- Alamitos Barrier fact sheet
Mid Basin Injection Project
Fountain Valley and Santa Ana
- Mid-basin fact sheet - English
- Mid-basin fact sheet - Spanish
- Late April 2018 work area
- Early April 2018 work area
- Centennial Park injection well 3 neighbor letter (March 7, 2018)
- Centennial Park injection well 5 neighbor letter (January 16, 2018)
- Mid-basin EIR
North Basin Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study
Anaheim and Fullerton
- Neighbor letter FM-32AB (December 11, 2017)
- Neighbor letter AM-54ABC (October 17, 2017)
- Neighbor letter FM-7B (September 28, 2017)
- Neighbor letter FM-29ABC (September 13, 2017)
- Neighbor letter FM-31AB (September 7, 2017)
- Neighbor letter FM-24B (August 30, 2017)
- Neighbor letter FM-22B (August 22, 2017)
- North Basin RI/FS overview
- North Basin RI/FS fact sheet
- Administrative Settlement Agreement for Remedial Investigation (RI)/Feasibility Study (FS) (This is an agreement with OCWD and the Environmental Protection Agency to oversee the District's performance of the RI/FS for groundwater contamination in the North Basin area.)
South Basin Remedial Investigation and Feasibility Study
Irvine, Santa Ana and Tustin