Orange County Water District (OCWD) manages the large groundwater basin that provides reliable, high quality groundwater to 19 municipal and special water districts that serve 2.4 million customers in north and central Orange County. It is committed to constantly improving Orange County’s groundwater quality and reliability in an environmentally friendly way. Fulfilling this mission requires that OCWD regularly undertake infrastructure, improvement and maintenance projects.
The purpose of this page is to provide information about current OCWD projects, explain their need and benefits and inform the community about potential impacts during construction. Although OCWD understands that construction creates an inconvenience, it is committed to keeping the community informed of current projects, while working to minimize construction impacts as much as possible.
For any questions or concerns about these projects, please call the OCWD construction hotline at (714) 378-8244.
Thank you for your patience during construction while OCWD works to protect and manage the region’s groundwater supply.
Alamitos Barrier Improvement Project
- Resident letter to Leisure World building 18 (April 20, 2017)
- Resident letter for Leisure World building 18 (April 3, 2017)
- Resident letter for Leisure World buildings 199, 200, 201, and 202 (December 19, 2016)
- Resident letter for Leisure World buildings 199, 200 and 201 (November 17, 2016)
- Resident letter for Leisure World buildings 6, 15 and 18 (November 8, 2016)
- Resident letter for Leisure World buildings 199, 200, 201, and 202 (November 1, 2016)
- Resident letter for Leisure World buildings 6, 7 and 15 (October 19, 2016)
- Resident letter for Leisure World buildings 4, 5, 6, and 15 (September 20, 2016)
- Leisure World community meeting presentation (August 31, 2016)
- Alamitos Barrier updated fact sheet (June 2016)
- Alamitos Barrier fact sheet
- Leisure World community meeting presentation (January 4, 2016)
- Island Village HOA presentation (January 13, 2016)
Burris Basin Pump Station Replacement Project
- Burris Basin phase 2 fact sheet
- Burris Basin phase 2 neighbor letter
- Burris basin phase 2 updated fact sheet (October 20, 2015)
Extraction Well EW-1
Mid Basin Injection Project
Fountain Valley and Santa Ana
- MBI neighbor letter (June 17, 2016)
- Santa Ana community meeting presentation (February 10 and 11, 2016)
- MBI fact sheet ENGLISH (May 28, 2014)
- MBI fact sheet SPANISH (May 28, 2014)
North Basin Groundwater Protection Program (NBGPP)
Anaheim and Fullerton
- Administrative Settlement Agreement for Remedial Investigation (RI)/Feasibility Study (FS) (This is an agreement with OCWD and the Environmental Protection Agency to oversee the District's performance of the RI/FS for groundwater contamination in the North Basin area.)