Garden Grove Wells 21, 23, 28, 29 and 30 PFAS Water Treatment Plants, Contract Number GG-2020-1
The Orange County Water District is currently accepting bids for the Garden Grove Wells 21, 23, 28, 29 and 30 PFAS Water Treatment Plants.
A non-mandatory prebid meeting will take place January 13, 2021 at 10 a.m. at Garden Grove Well #29. The site is located at 12573 Haster Street, Garden Grove, Calif. The number of people attending the onsite job walk is limited to one person per potentially bidding contractor. Masks must be worn at all times while also maintaining social distancing.
Bid opening will occur on Tuesday, February 2, 2021 at 2 p.m. Bids are due at the District office before 2 p.m. on February 2, 2021. Bids delivered in person must be dropped off at the OCWD guard shack located at 18700 Ward Street, Fountain Valley prior to the deadline. Members of the public will not be allowed to enter the OCWD campus but can participate in the bid opening via a Zoom web meeting.
Dial in: (669) 900-9128
Meeting ID 990 0309 0161
Brief Project Description
The work includes but is not limited to the following: The Garden Grove Wells 21, 23, 28, 29, and 30 PFAS Water Treatment Plants project generally consists of the following major components.
- Take delivery of and install District furnished Dual Media Pressure Vessel PFAS water treatment systems at four existing well sites including pressure testing, disinfection, and bacteria testing.
- Take delivery of and install District furnished Ion Exchange resin into Dual Media Pressure Vessels.
- Furnish and install prefilter systems, booster pumps, and booster pump building for the water treatment systems.
- Water Treatment Plant Structural Concrete: Construct structural concrete for the water treatment systems.
- Connect the water treatment systems to the existing wells and distribution systems: Furnish and install cement mortar lined and epoxy coated above ground and cement mortar lined and coated buried pipeline from the wells to the water treatment systems and from the water treatment systems to the distribution system points of connection.
- Complete all Paving and Site Improvements including, but not limited to: Grading, Concrete Paving, Asphalt Paving, Fencing, and Drainage at the four well sites.
- Electrical and Instrumentation: Furnish and install and/or modify electrical and instrumentation equipment and facilities at the well sites for the new water treatment systems and pumps. Instrumentation and control systems shall be integrated with the existing SCADA system.
- Provide all commissioning and start-up-services at all four sites.
The Contractor is required to demonstrate its experience of successfully completing construction of two separate pressurized water treatment projects within the past 10 years such as, but not limited to, granular activated carbon, ion exchange, surge tanks, membrane filtration, and/or pressurized filtration.
Engineer’s Estimate: $15,000,000