Fullerton Main Plant PFAS Water Treatment Plant, Contract Number FUL-2022-1
The Orange County Water District is currently accepting bids for the Fullerton Main Plant PFAS Water Treatment Plant, Contract Number FUL-2022-1
Good-Faith Effort Information Prebid Meeting: April 28, 2022 at 10:00 A.M. via ZOOM.
Bid Opening: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 at 2:00 P.M.
Engineer’s Estimate: $6,500,000
Contact: Ryan Bouley (714) 378-8207 or email@example.com
Brief Project Description:
The work includes but is not limited to the following: The Fullerton Main Plant PFAS Water Treatment Plant project generally consists of the following major components.
- Take delivery and install District furnished Dual Media Pressure Vessel systems at the Water Treatment Plant including pressure testing, disinfection, and bacteria testing.
- Take delivery and install District furnished Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) system media into dual media pressure vessels.
- Furnish and install a backwash system for the Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) system. Coordinate and assist with installation of District purchased media.
- Rehabilitation (redevelopment) of City water supply well number 3A.
- Furnish and install a new well pump and motor.
- Water Treatment Plant Structural Concrete: Construct structural concrete at the Fullerton Main Plant site for the PFAS Water Treatment Plant.
- Connect to the Water Treatment Plant and to the distribution system: Furnish and install epoxy lined and coated above ground piping and epoxy lined and cement mortar coated (CMC) buried pipelines to the Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) system. Construct epoxy lined and coated above ground piping and epoxy lined and cement mortar coated (CMC) buried pipeline from the GAC system to the connection to the distribution system.
- Paving and Site Improvements: Grading, Asphalt Paving, and drainage at the new water treatment plant.
- Exterior Wall, gate, landscaping, and irrigation.
- Electrical and Instrumentation: Electrical equipment and facilities, and instrumentation equipment and facilities at the new water treatment plant. Instrumentation and control systems shall be coordinated with the City’s Controls Integrator.
- Provide all commissioning and start-up-services.
The Contractor is required to demonstrate its experience of successfully completing construction of two separate pressurized water treatment projects within the past 10 years such as, but not limited to, granular activated carbon, ion exchange, surge tanks, membrane filtration, and/or pressurized filtration.
Bids are due at the District Office before 2 p.m., June 2, 2022. Bids delivered in person must be dropped off at the OCWD guard shack located at 18700 Ward Street, Fountain Valley prior to the deadline.
Members of the public will not be allowed to enter the OCWD campus but can participate in the bid opening via a Zoom web meeting: https://ocwd.zoom.us/j/81748579743?pwd=c2VMV3dWUFBHaDlFUWRSVllFcllVUT09;
meeting ID 817 4857 9743, Passcode: 279875; Dial in number: (669) 219-2599.