East Orange County Water District PFAS Water Treatment Plant, Contract Number EOCWD-2021-1
The Orange County Water District is currently accepting bids for the PFAS Water Treatment Plant, Contract Number EOCWD-2021-1
Good-Faith Effort Information Prebid Meeting: October 5, 2021 at 2:00 P.M. via ZOOM.
Non-Mandatory Prebid Meeting: October 12, 2021 at 11:00 A.M. at 210 McPherson Rd, Orange CA.
Bid Opening: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 at 2:00 P.M.
Engineer’s Estimate: $4,000,000
Contact: Ryan Bouley (714) 378-8207 or email@example.com
Brief Project Description:
The work includes but is not limited to the following: East Orange County Water District PFAS Water Treatment Plant project generally consists of the following major components.
1. Take delivery of and install District furnished Dual Media Pressure Vessel PFAS water treatment systems at EOCWD’s proposed Vanderwerff well site including pressure testing, disinfection, and bacteria testing. Please be advised that the Contractor will be responsible for providing the anchorage design and hardware for the District furnished Dual Media Pressure Vessels. This design shall be sealed by a Structural Engineer licensed by the State of California.
2. Take delivery of and install District furnished Ion Exchange (IX) resin into Dual Media Pressure Vessels.
3. Furnish and install prefilter systems for IX systems including filter media.
4. Furnish and install precast concrete chemical building, disinfection systems, chlorine contact tank, and piping.
5. Furnish and install surge mitigation system, tank, and piping.
6. Furnish and install water treatment plant structural concrete: construct structural concrete for the water treatment, chlorine contact, and surge mitigation systems, chemical building, and electrical canopy.
7. Connect the water treatment systems to the existing wells and distribution systems: furnish and install epoxy lined and coated and cement mortar lined and coated pipelines from the wells to the water treatment systems and from the water treatment systems to the distribution system points of connection.
8. Complete all paving and site improvements including, but not limited to: grading, concrete paving, asphalt paving, fencing, gates, driveway aprons, and drainage at the four well sites.
9. Electrical and Instrumentation: furnish and install new electrical service, service entry, main breaker, MCC, ATS, and related foundation, conduits, conductors, handholes and instrumentation equipment at the Vanderwerff site and EOCWD Administration Building, modify existing electrical and instrumentation equipment for the new water treatment systems, and provide new equipment for future proposed improvements. Instrumentation and control systems shall be integrated with the existing SCADA system.
The Contractor is required to demonstrate its experience of successfully completing construction of two separate pressurized water treatment projects within the past 10 years such as, but not limited to, granular activated carbon, ion exchange, surge tanks, membrane filtration, and/or pressurized filtration.
Bids are due at the District Office before 2 p.m., November 2, 2021. Bids delivered in person must be dropped off at the OCWD guard shack located at 18700 Ward Street, Fountain Valley prior to the deadline. Members of the public will not be allowed to enter the OCWD campus but can participate in the bid opening via a Zoom web meeting: https://ocwd.zoom.us/j/81905198129?pwd=NjMwb3NOSXpYYVh2NnBpU3J2cDlBdz09 or via phone (669) 219-2599, meeting ID 819 0519 8129, Passcode: 152048.