Request for Proposals for Design and Installation of Fire Alarm and Burglar Systems at Field Headquarters and Prado
The Orange County Water District (OCWD) is soliciting proposals from qualified Contractors to provide installation/upgrade of current system and monitoring services for Burglar and Fire Alarms for its Field Headquarters and Prado locations in accordance with the most recent standards set forth by the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA 72), the City of Anaheim, and the Chino Valley Fire District Fire Prevention Standards.
The OCWD Field Headquarters and Prado locations existing Fire and Burglar alarm systems are over 20 years old and have become outdated and no longer working as designed.
The Orange County Water District is seeking qualified Contractors to install a new Burglar and Fire Alarm System meeting all applicable State and local Fire Protection Codes for its Field Headquarters and Prado Locations, including the ability for remote monitoring.
The Field Headquarters location has a total of 5 buildings plus vehicle entry gates, and the Prado location consist of 1 building and vehicle entry gates, in which the contractor is responsible for removing existing components and replacing them with new adaptable components as required for the new system. The proposers must supply products and services that meet or exceed the requirements of this RFP. In the event of dispute over installation or performance, the needs of the Orange County Water District will govern.
Scope of Work:
- Perform an evaluation of the existing facilities for Burglar and Fire Alarm systems at both Field Headquarters (Anaheim) and Prado (Corona) locations.
- Provide a technical memorandum on findings and recommendations
- Provide a complete set of drawings/plans/specifications to be submitted for OCWD review, and all applicable City, County, and State approvals, including plan check and permitting. Plans need to conform to code requirements and local ordinances, and pass plan check. (include $2,000 in proposal for plan check fees)
- Fire Alarms: Furnish and install a new fire alarm sprinkler and notification system for each building (3) per Anaheim Fire Code based on NFPA codes and compliances which will connect to Orange County Water District’s existing fire sprinkler devices such as the water flow, butterfly valves, and OS&Y’s. Also furnish and install annunciators throughout the facilities (3 buildings) to satisfy NFPA 72 codes and compliances with NFPA 72 test and inspections on all electrical devices which are mandated by the State of California.
- Include annual inspection and testing of the fire alarm electrical systems in proposal.
- Burglar Alarm: Contractor to furnish and install new burglar alarm systems, along with control panels, keypads, motion detectors, door contacts, window sensors at the required buildings at both Field Headquarters and Prado locations. The contractor shall furnish and install all required new wiring and equipment required for the new system.
Contact Ben Lomeli with questions at (714) 378-3243 or email@example.com.
Non-Mandatory Job Walk: 11/08/2022 at 10:00 am
OCWD Field Headquarters: 4060 E La Palma Ave, Anaheim Ca 92807
Quotes are due by 10:00 a.m. on 11/22/2022 via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the complete RFP, click on RFP for Design and Installation of Fire Alarm and Burglar Systems at Field Headquarters and Prado.