Out in the Community
As part of its standard to forge and maintain long-term, positive and proactive relationships with members of the local community and greater water industry and to be transparent about its operations and programs, OCWD board members and staff speak regularly before groups and at events. We recently participated in the following:
- Directors Cathy Green, Steve Sheldon, Kelly Rowe, and Jordan Brandman joined General Manager Mike Markus and Legislative Liaison Alicia Dunkin in a meeting with U.S. Congressman Mike Levin to provide an OCWD briefing.
- Director Green, along with Director of Public Affairs Eleanor Torres and Senior Watershed Planner Marsha Westropp, presented details about OCWD’s Next Generation Water Leaders program and a proposed visitor center to officials at Huntington Beach Union High School District.
- General Manager Mike Markus and staff met with Major General Spellmon and Brigadier General Colloton of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to discuss Corps projects at Prado Dam and the Santa Ana River.
- Research Director Megan Plumlee provided a presentation titled “Need for Standardized Protocol for Bioanalytical Monitoring of California Potable Reuse Facilities for ER-α and AhR Assays” at the first National Water Research Institute Bioanalytical Implementation Advisory Group meeting held in the OCWD boardroom.
- Director of Public Affairs Eleanor Torres chaired the WateReuse California Communications Collaborative Group meeting and previewed the upcoming water reuse terminology session, which will take place at the WateReuse CA Section Conference in March.
- OCWD and NWRI co-hosted a workshop for Carollo Engineers, OCWD, NWRI, and three Japanese organizations to review and identify information needs for Yokogawa/U. Tokyo technology.