Out in the Community
As part of its standard to forge and maintain long-term, positive and proactive relationships with members of the local community and greater water industry and to be transparent about its operations and programs, OCWD board members and staff speak regularly before groups and at events. We participated in the following during August:
- OCWD Director Roger Yoh and Executive Director of Engineering & Water Resources John Kennedy gave a presentation to the Placentia Rotary Club.
- Directors Vicente Sarmiento and Cathy Green participated on a panel about water policy and climate resiliency that was part of an event hosted by the William C. Velasquez Institute.
- Director of Special Projects Bill Hunt and Laboratory Director Lee Yoo, were invited to present their papers, “Microfiltration & Ultrafiltration Pilot Study Results for Orange County Water District’s GWRS Expansion Project" and “Performance Based Analytical Method for Determination of 1,4-Dioxane and 1,3-Dioxolane in Water Treatment System” at the 5th Busan Global Water Forum in Busan, Korea The assembled group was keenly interested in the OCWD experience and welcomed the OCWD speakers as international leaders in sustainable water management.
- GWRS Project Manager Sandy Scott-Roberts provided a GWRS presentation to the City Engineers Association of Orange County (CEAOC)
- Principal Communications Specialist Gina Ayala gave a presentation about GWRS outreach activities to the National Water Research Institute Independent Advisory Panel.
- Staff held a coordination meeting with the City of Santa Ana, Santa Ana Unified School District, and the Santa Ana College with regard to the Mid-Basin Injection: Centennial Park Project.