Register for 2016 Clarke Prize Conference
Register now for the 2016 NWRI Clarke Prize Conference, a one-day premier event featuring presentations on the most innovative research and activities today in urban water sustainability. The conference will be held by the National Water Research Institute (NWRI) on Friday, Nov. 4, 2016, in Newport Beach, Calif.
The conference is supported by NWRI’s member agencies, corporate associate sponsors, and the Water Environment & Reuse Foundation. The California State Water Resources Control Board’s Drinking Water Operator Certification Program has approved up to 5 Continuing Education Hours for attending the conference.
Presentations include the following:
Emerging issues in urban water quality:
• Joan Rose, Michigan State University, on “Legionella and the Revolution in Water Distribution Microbiology”
• Walter Jakubowski, WaltJay Consulting, and Ryan Reinke, Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts, on “Antibiotics … Resistance Is Futile! Presence, Impact, and Treatment and Removal of Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria in Water”
New methods to assess water quality:
• Channah Rock, University of Arizona, on “Advances in Methods to Assess Microbial Water Quality”
• Rhodes Trussell, Trussell Technologies, on “Water Quality Assessment for Direct Potable Reuse”
• Daniel Schlenk, UC Riverside, on “Application of Bioassays for Monitoring Chemicals in Water Quality”
Addressing challenges to urban water sustainability:
• David Sedlak, UC Berkeley, on “The Fifth Water Revolution”
• Pedro Alvarez, Rice University, on “Nanotechnology-Enabled Water Treatment: A Vision to Enable Decentralized Water Treatment and Reuse”
• Sybil Sharvelle, Colorado State University, on “Public Health Guidance on Implementing Decentralized Non-Potable Water Systems”
More information about the conference can be found at www.clarkeprize.com. Discounted rates for NWRI member agencies and corporate associates, as well as college students, are available. Registration information is available at www.clarkeprize.com/registration.html.