Water Advisory Committee of Orange County (WACO)
The Water Advisory Committee of Orange County (WACO) was formed in 1983 to facilitate the introduction, discussion, and debate of current and emerging water issues among Orange County policymakers and water professionals. It has also advocated the Orange County water community’s position on issues affecting the provision and management of our water supplies, with lawmakers, regulatory agencies, regional and state water organizations, and others.
The committee’s membership has evolved during the past quarter century to include not only the elected officials and management staff from many Orange County water districts and cities, but also engineers, attorneys, consultants, and other professionals who work with the Orange County water community, as well as residents and community group members who share a common interest in water issues.
Monthly meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the first Friday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the Fountain Valley headquarters of the Orange County Water District. The meetings provide attendees with an opportunity for professional networking and to receive informative presentations from water industry professionals, academics, economists, engineers, political officials, and others about key water issues affecting Orange County.
18700 Ward Street
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- March 1, 2019
- April 5, 2019
- June 7, 2019
- July 12, 2019 (2nd Friday)
For a full listing of 2019 meeting dates, view the 2019 WACO calendar.
Hepatitis A - A Threat to Our Water Supply?
- Eric McDonald, Medical Director, Epidemiology & Immunization Services, County of San Diego Health & Human Services Agency
- Matthew Zahn, Medical Director, Epidemiology & Assessment, Orange County Health Care Agency
Cyber and Infrastructure Security: Is Your Agency at Risk?
- Bryan Cunningham, Executive Director, UCI Cyber Security Policy and Research Institute
- Frank Ury, Former Mayor, City of Mission Viego
- Special Agent Fredrick Simon, FBI, InfraGard Los Angeles
Exposing the Myths of Public Utilities
- James Pasmore Jr., Account Manager, Business Customer Division - Water Sector, Southern California Edison
- Ranjiv Goonetilleke, Principal Engineer - Commercial & Industrial Customer Service, Southern California Gas Company