Water Advisory Committee of Orange County (WACO)
The Water Advisory Committee of Orange County (WACO) was formed in 1983 to facilitate the introduction, discussion, and debate of current and emerging water issues among Orange County policymakers and water professionals. It has also advocated the Orange County water community’s position on issues affecting the provision and management of our water supplies, with lawmakers, regulatory agencies, regional and state water organizations, and others.
The committee’s membership has evolved during the past quarter century to include not only the elected officials and management staff from many Orange County water districts and cities, but also engineers, attorneys, consultants, and other professionals who work with the Orange County water community, as well as residents and community group members who share a common interest in water issues.
Monthly meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the first Friday of each month at 7:30 a.m. at the Fountain Valley headquarters of the Orange County Water District. The meetings provide attendees with an opportunity for professional networking and to receive informative presentations from water industry professionals, academics, economists, engineers, political officials, and others about key water issues affecting Orange County.
18700 Ward Street
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
- February 2, 2018
- March 2, 2018
- April 6, 2018
For a full listing of 2018 meeting dates, view the 2018 WACO calendar.
Past meeting materials
Energy Rates and Reliability in Orange County
- Michael Bushey, Director, Business Customer Division, Southern California Edison
- Susan Kennedy, Founder and CEO, Advanced Microgrid Solutions
It’s a WIIN for Orange County - What is the Water Infrastructure Improvement for the Nation (WIIN) Act and how can your agency or city benefit from it?
- Eric Saperstein, Founder and President, ENS Resources
The Story of Oroville Dam – What You Need to Know
- Jim Green, Manager of Water System Operations, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
Refilling the Basin – How OCWD Plans to Increase Groundwater Storage
- Philip L. Anthony, 1st Vice President, OCWD
- John Kennedy, Executive Director of Engineering and Water Resources, OCWD
Prado Dam Conservation Efforts and Update
- Greg Woodside, Executive Director of Planning and Natural Resources, Orange County Water District
Colorado River Shortage Plan
- Bill Hasencamp, Manager, Colorado River Resources, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
How Did We Get Here? Where Are we Going? A State Water Contractors Perspective
- Douglas Headrick, General Manager, San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
- Tim Quinn, Executive Director, ACWA
Buried Treasure - Is there hidden water under OC?
- Kelly Rowe, Hydrogeology Specialist, water Resources and Environmental Management Consultant
Proposition 1 Update
- Joseph Byrne, Member, California Water Commission